DANCE - My Saving Grace Through Two Breast Cancer Diagnosis.









6 minutes read.








This blog speaks about daily habits that heal 'SELF'.

 "SELF is WHOLE & just like nature, ABUNDANT, BEAUTIFUL & POWERFUL. We are human beings - BEING IS MOVING! So, Move To Heal The Soul" ~ GE. 

I'll be talking about health & Wellness, natural & holistic solutions to get rid of carcinogens hazards, chronic inflammation and toxins in the body using holistic Afro-dance, specific foods, natural food supplement and a positive mindset. 

Stop by to say hi!.:))




Let me start by saying who will most benefit from this blog - 



Women who feel and believe that there are -natural and holistic- ways to prevent and fight serious illnesses, 40+ women who want to lose wait naturally and anyone looking to improve their health and general well-being at home.


This blog will be featuring some topics about daily habits that heal 'SELF'


'SELF' is the person within and is whole. Just like nature, 'self' is enough, abundant, beautiful, & powerful.



We are human beings... BEING IS MOVING! 

Dancing is what I do, teach and share...So, let's keep moving to heal the soul...it's a fun, effective, sustainable & holistic path to better health. 


For years, I've researched African dance, emotions and specific food in relation to chronic health and in the last 5 years I started really implementing what I've learned and created a step-by-step system to help myself get better because I felt that I needed to take back control of my health after a second breast cancer diagnosis.



Many women feel like it's just a matter of time before they find themselves dealing with breast cancer, some are going through it now, others have been through it, and many are concerned about their daughters. Not surprising, because 55,000 women are diagnosed each year in the UK alone. 


In Cameroon and other countries in Africa, breast cancer is still a taboo - and women die in silence. Since stress is also a taboo where I come from, I want to talk to women from the black and minority ethnic groups and find out about how they deal with the stress and taboos of serious health issues, how this affects their general wellbeing and their weight. Please get in touch if you can relate. 


All of you ladies out there, I don't know how you are and how you're feeling right now, but I know how you want to feel. Healthy, less stressed out, not fearful and feeling good in the inside and looking great too. I also know that stress is at the root cause of many serious health conditions, but this can change... and if you start dancing your emotions, you can get there faster - healthy, less stressed out, not helpless at all - and no experience is needed to do this... Dancing your emotions can indeed help you become stronger, healthier, happier, and leaner - really a one stop shop, of Habits That Heal whole approach method through holistic African dance! A Workbook On This Is Coming Soon.



Okay here's my background story...



I started dancing professionally when I was 11 years old. At 19, I founded a dance company, later pioneered an Afro-contemporary dance style in Duala Cameroon and we toured internationally. I was then invited to the UK by the Art Council of England in 2000.

In 2005 however, at the peak of my career as a choreographer, I was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. 

I felt lost in a foreign land, in tremendous physical and emotional pain, alone as a single mum, helpless and num at the same time, as I was still grieving the sudden passing of my mother just a couple of years before.



Needless to say that my body and my mind were basically a hospitable place for all negative emotions you can imagine. Fear, Guilt, Resentment, Frustration, Anger, Sadness... and getting better health seemed like a dream to me and the excruciating pain of possibly not being around for my daughter visited me every single night... I was not only dealing with grief and health issues, but despair. Many believed that was it for me. So I was let go from my job as a dance instructor, and removed from a property I was about to buy because they thought that I was not going to make it. It was that bad.


I like to say that people walk, run, exercise, dance in the club for happy hormones, tone the body and I was one of them - THEN I STARTED DANCING TO HEAL THE SOUL & KEEP SERIOUS ILLNESS AT BAY it's a different kind of dancing. I call it dancing your emotions. Dancing not to present, perform but 'preserve', protect and heal. I came across inspirational holistic and natural practitioners throughout my research and journey to better health. All of them agree on this:' Health transformation starts in your head and keeping calm and positive is crucial to get lasting results. Easy said than done! What helps me keep calm is conscious breathing and breath holding, techniques I learned from the master himself Stig Severinsen creator of 'Breatheology', the art of conscious breathing which helped me have clarity and mental balance when times were challenging, helps with stretching effectively, helps strengthen the body.


How would you like to be more in tune with your body and know exactly how to strengthen your immunity daily with 'healing movement' and natural stuff?.:)) We can make it happen just shout out if you want in, on the secret. YOU WANT IN???💃🏽 This is not dance therapy or dance psychotherapy because with this method, YOU ARE THE EXPERT!



Here's what I've learned, as long as you don't give up on yourself, there are always possibilities 


A possibility that you're not a statistic, that you may be an exception to the rules...and that is what I'd chosed to believe, and when on to restore my unhealthy cells and created vibrant health through a 5 Steps and 3 rhythms formula, (more on that another time) and I've been privileged to help so many women improve their health and sustain it too.



Listen, if you desire another level of abundant health, strength as well as having the absolute confidence to nail down cell's restoration and immunity boosting habits on autopilot so you can improve both your mental and physical health it's absolutely possible, you can do it! I promise you! So my intention with this blog is to help you find faster routes to transform your health  and lose exccess body fat naturally.  I'll talk about my journey through breast cancer as a black woman and share stories and tips with you and hopefully you'll be inspired and empowered, find something helpful for you here, and please do share your tips and knowledge with me too. 


The aim is to stop you from feeling fearful, restless and helpless. So if you're currently struggling with an uncontrolable weight gain, CHECK THIS OUT it might just be what you needed to see at this time. Take advantage of it!



Welcome again to The 5S3R Blog!



What are your thoughts about natural and holistic solutions? Do you like dancing? I'll really appreciate your comment.


Merci!.:))


Grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Holistic African Dance 3 Days CHALLENGE! BTS

The 7 Food's Principles To Implement For Physical & Mental Nourishment.